About Me

Mostly, this is my clearing house for sharing things I'm finding along my journey to, well, awesomeness. Recipes, exercise, successes, failures, inspiration. Things I want to preserve as I stumble across them. If you happen to be someone who finds them, enjoy!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

And there was even ice cream!

The past couple of weeks have seen an influx of time spent with friends from a long time ago.  I'm not sure what to make of that entirely so I'll just let the universe do what it's doing and go along for the fun!  From a weekend spent with Tom and Daniel last weekend to yesterday's surprise gathering in Canal Park with friends who now live in Colorado - I'm soaking it all up.

Moving to Duluth 6.5 years ago did something to my friendship bonds I never thought it would.  We became invisible somehow.  Life kept moving in the same way for our friends in Minneapolis and we fell out of that orbit.  No one ever comes up here.  I like to think that if we had a guest room, more would.  But I don't know how firmly I believe that.

I have tried to find additional "newer generation" friends in our time up here, but it's been a slow process.  Thank GOODNESS for my handful of good girlfriends up here (you know who you are!) because I'd be a mess. 

It's just tricky.  Before, I met my friends doing shows.  I'm barely on the brink of getting back into that so where the heck do I find them now??!  It's just me and the pastor at work.  And we're not going to be hanging out for cocktails and gossip anytime soon.  One of my goals on this journey is finding potential friend people and put myself out there to see what happens.

Yesterday was so great.  A couple of hours in the sun while the kids ran and played and the grown ups sat and talked.  And there was even ice cream.  :)  (Which was catalogued and counted on my Weight Watchers tracker!)  It just doesn't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment