About Me

Mostly, this is my clearing house for sharing things I'm finding along my journey to, well, awesomeness. Recipes, exercise, successes, failures, inspiration. Things I want to preserve as I stumble across them. If you happen to be someone who finds them, enjoy!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Return of the Grapefruit Spoon!

Some of you may remember this moment:
http://juliesjourneytoawesomeness.blogspot.com/2010/05/crab-stuffed-tomatoes.html

The moment I realized my pure geniousness in using the lowly grapefruit spoon as a multi-tasker.

OK.  Hold onto your horses.  I've got another one for you.

Cucumber de-seeder.

Yup.  You read that right.  Today, as I was forcing my choice of veggie on my kiddo she said, "But I don't like the seeds in cucumbers Mommy!"  Which made me stop and think, "Huh.  Neither do I.  But being the mean Mommy I am, I always leave the seeds in her despite taking them off of mine."  What you should know is that I'm also a cheap Mommy and refuse to buy those delightfully individually wrapped English cucumbers for twice as much money. 

I had already cut her chunk off and had halved it.  And the the epiphany struck. 

GRAPEFRUIT SPOON!!!

Out it came from the depths of the silverware drawer and quick as a flash, seedless cucumber boat.

Awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment