About Me

Mostly, this is my clearing house for sharing things I'm finding along my journey to, well, awesomeness. Recipes, exercise, successes, failures, inspiration. Things I want to preserve as I stumble across them. If you happen to be someone who finds them, enjoy!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Found

"Your playing small does NOT serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest the glory that is within us. And as we let our light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."


-Marianne Williamson (Nelson Mandela's 1994 Inaugural Speech)
 
Sometimes things find you when you're not looking for them.  Or when you are looking for them.  Or when you didn't know WHAT you should be looking for.
 
This quote found me this morning via a friend's status feed on Facebook.  And shook me up and slapped me around and called me Mama.  In short, I love it. 
 
And as I sit here on the eve of jumping back into my journey, it keeps rolling around in my mind. 
 
It's such a "female" concept.  To sell yourself short so as to not be perceived as being stuck up or conceited or haughty.  It's not really a rewarded female trait in mainstream life.  But why?  What's wrong with being assured and confident?  And one step further, what's wrong with letting people KNOW what it is you're good at?? 

I know.  I don't have the answer to that either.  I do know that sometimes fear of success can be as paralyzing as the fear of failure.  I know it because I live it.  And I think many people do.  And think what an amazing world this could be if everyone led according to their glory inspiring all they touched to do the same.  Could be a pretty powerful revolution.
 
As I said, it's the eve of my jumping back into my journey.  I took a scenic byway called "New Puppy Place" and along that road found "Lack of Inspiration Lane".  Good news?  I also travelled to "Happy Birthday Boulevard" and had such an wonderful couple of weeks that I'm refreshed and feeling capable of continuing the journey.
 
And be warned.....I won't be playing small.

No comments:

Post a Comment