About Me

Mostly, this is my clearing house for sharing things I'm finding along my journey to, well, awesomeness. Recipes, exercise, successes, failures, inspiration. Things I want to preserve as I stumble across them. If you happen to be someone who finds them, enjoy!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The ABCs of food and me

I have a weird relationship with food. That's not really a secret to those who know me well. This process is a huge step for me in reclaiming that relationship and showing food who's boss. There are just a bunch of foods I either don't like or don't know how to cook or just have never experimented with enough to find the way I like them. Add to that a huge sensitivity to textures - the wrong one will put me completely off for an entire meal - as well as being super visual with food - if it looks sort of icky, it's ruined before I even taste it and yeah. Trouble's a brewin'.

Enter Weight Watchers. For those unfamiliar, you get a certain amount of "points" to eat in a day and every food has a point value. It's based on a lot of things, mostly weight and activity level. Example, I have 28. Plus some others. But let me tell you, 28 is NOT many. LOL! A banana? 2 points. 28 almonds? 4 points. Right there, almost 25% of my day's points would be done! On a banana and almonds. So, you need to plan ahead and be strategic. And to do that, there have been LOTS of new recipes going on in this household.

My plan is to post the ones that are standouts. I've been really surprised by some of them. This very likely could be due to starvation. I'll get back to you on that. If you're hungry enough, anything will taste good, right? But, I'm sort of confident that these are just good recipes despite the hunger. I'll post and let you be the judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment