About Me

Mostly, this is my clearing house for sharing things I'm finding along my journey to, well, awesomeness. Recipes, exercise, successes, failures, inspiration. Things I want to preserve as I stumble across them. If you happen to be someone who finds them, enjoy!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT??!!!

Guess who can run 90 consecutive seconds - SIX TIMES - with a two minute walk in between each run?

ME!!!!

Wooooooooo!

Who knew??!

Today marked the beginning of Week 2 of the C25K training.  I won't lie.  I was actually a little scared to even think about starting this week.  I mean, my first attempt at Week 1 wasn't exactly a rousing success, right?  It did get a little better, but still.  There was no, "YIPPEE!  I get to run MORE this week!" scrolling through my head.

Something that may have helped is that I changed up my route.  It's tricky to find non-ridiculously hilly terrain around my house.  Or anywhere in this city, really.  And while I have found I have one hill in me, I'm just not quite in the mountain running catagory.  (Is that a catagory?  Should be.  Mark it down.)  The new route is pretty good.  I'll call it my Week 2 route.

The first three runs went really well.  Even with a small hill.  Run four marked the turning point for my calves and during runs five and six, my knees decided to join "Calf Revolt 2010".  And I'm pretty sure I spotted a turtle passing me...

BUT I FINISHED.  WITHOUT STOPPING!!

And then, promptly got the hiccups.

Huh?

I agree.  I thought it was weird too.  Maybe I'm a medical miracle?

Tomorrow will be a rest day.  I intend to rest the heck out of it.  And back at it on Thursday.  Fearlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment