About Me

Mostly, this is my clearing house for sharing things I'm finding along my journey to, well, awesomeness. Recipes, exercise, successes, failures, inspiration. Things I want to preserve as I stumble across them. If you happen to be someone who finds them, enjoy!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Run, Julie, Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuun....

You sort of have to quote Forrest Gump when you talk about running, don't you?? Is that still hip with the youth of today? Wait, let me get my hearing aids and cane.

Another part of this journey to awesomeness is using the Couch to 5K running plan. You can find it here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml Basically, it teaches your body how to deal with running a 5K in a few months' time. Very methodically laid out using interval training and alternating running with walking. It's great.

Did I mention how much I loathe running?

Or how much running loathes me?

Yeah. I'm not sure exactly why I decided this would be a good idea. Probably because of that whole conquering the "can't" thing. I'm tired of there being things I just don't do because I assume I can't do them. It's just running. I see old, out of shape people jogging around all the time in the neighborhood. Apparently I aspire to join their ranks.

Do you want to know a lil' secret? *shhhhhhhhhhhh* It turns out, me and running actually sort of get along. Let's not say it too loudly though - running is an elusive vixen and I don't want to jinx or relationship by defining it so early in the relationship. But, hopes are high. I'll keep you updated as things progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment