About Me

Mostly, this is my clearing house for sharing things I'm finding along my journey to, well, awesomeness. Recipes, exercise, successes, failures, inspiration. Things I want to preserve as I stumble across them. If you happen to be someone who finds them, enjoy!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Another reason to LOVE Mondays...

Weigh in day.  And yes, I CHOSE that day.  You know, because Monday's aren't enough fun all on their own, right?

Monday weigh ins weren't totally my first choice but it's what day it was when I registered for Weight Watchers online, so why not.  I mean, do I magically get thinner by Wednesday?  No, not really.  Although the past two weeks I HAVE weighed less on Wednesday than any other day.  It sort of bugged me this morning, but after some reflecting, I think I know why.

First of all, I'm happy to report that I was down another 2.4 pounds this week.  That's a total of 7.2 for the past two weeks.  Totally not shabby.  Of course, I'm greedy.  I probably haven't mentioned that yet, have I?  I'll sucker you in with all the delightful sides of me and then lay that little fact down for you.  I'll be honest and say that I had a twinge of disappointment this morning when the scale wasn't as low as I pictured it would be.  I mean, I didn't eat a single homemade chocolate chip cookie yesterday.  Homemade.  By my Dad who makes AMAZING chocolate chip cookies.  And I didn't eat one.  Or any raw dough which is even more delicious than the cookie.  I feel like somewhere in the rules of how, why and when you lose weight, that feat should count for an automatic 10 pound loss.  If not more.

The twinge passed pretty quickly though.  2.4 pounds in a WEEK.  7.2 in TWO weeks.  Heck, that's even better than some folks do on The Biggest Loser, right?  And I'm just lil' ol' me doing it on my own. 

There have been some adjustments I've decided to make though as we go into week three.  I love eating out.  It's HARD to eat out and figure out points, but we've done OK so far.  The plan is for one eating out night a week.  The past two weeks, that day has been Saturday.  I think that's too close to my weigh in day.  Not because I'm trying to get some artificially low number on the scale, but because it's just an abundance of calories (and the sodium and fat that comes with those eating out calories!) in too short of a window for them to properly even out before weighing in.  Plus, I can 2.5 points worth of sodium-rich microwave popcorn last night.  I have enough real weigh to get rid of - I don't need the scale registering Orville Redinbacker's popcorn induced water weight as well!

Eating out day is henceforth declared to be Wednesday.  (cue the old timey trumpet fanfare!)

On a final note, I know from other folks that in general, Monday is a less desireable weigh in day so that people can work off the weekend binge calories.  I guess what I'm doing is similar with moving the eating out calories, but I have found that knowing Monday is my weigh in day keeps me from going too nuts over the weekend.  It's good motivation to cast an editing eye on my food choices.

Just ask those poor homemade cookies sitting in my parents' freezer waiting for their chance to be eaten.

1 comment: