About Me

Mostly, this is my clearing house for sharing things I'm finding along my journey to, well, awesomeness. Recipes, exercise, successes, failures, inspiration. Things I want to preserve as I stumble across them. If you happen to be someone who finds them, enjoy!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Is this totally crazy?

There's a 5K walk/run on July 31st.  It was established in memory of a local doctor who died of a heart attack while out for her daily run three years ago.  She happens to be the doctor we credit with saving Holland from much more severe damage during her ear situation three years ago.

I'm considering registering.

ACK!!!

Is that totally insane??  Is there any way I'd be ready to run a 5K by then?  I certainly could walk it - it's not that far to walk.  But if I registered, I'd want to run it.  I feel such a strong pull to do this.  Even down to the last phrase on the registration pamphlet I picked up:

Those who ran with Nancy often remember her saying, "We must be nuts."

See - it's like everything is pointing me to do it as it would be NUTS for me to think I could!

To run or not to run.....that is the question...

2 comments:

  1. DO IT!!! It will be great motivation to keep training, and you will feel SO impressed with yourself when you cross the finish line!

    ReplyDelete